One of the questions we often get about real estate investing has to do with selling the property after the rehab is completed. How do you create a buzz when selling your project? Here are some sure-fire ways to create the buzz you are looking for:
• Don’t put a property on the market until it is completely finished
• Hire the top selling real estate agent in the area to market the property
• Make sure the property is in excellent condition and price it right
• Stage the property (this is more important than you think, many folks can’t envision turning that property into their home unless they see how it can be set up)
• Use professional photographers to get beautiful pictures
• Hand out flyers to the neighbors and invite them for a preview ½ hour before the open house starts, so they are leaving as the real prospective buyers show up. This creates a sense of urgency for someone to put an offer on the table
• List on Tuesday and hold all showings through the weekend when there is an open house
• Use FB live or create a video walking through the property pointing out the work you’ve done like beautiful new hard wood floors and that brand new kitchen
• Post to FB and other social media outlets, spend a few dollars on FB marketing the property to a specific group of people
• Network with your competitors, be willing to stay open and look at how they are marketing
• Hold a broker Open House
• Hold Rehab tours and team up with a local investors association like Boston AREIA, you never know who those investors know who may be interested in your property.
Hopefully this list will help you sell your property quicker and create a buzz around selling your property. These techniques have helped us create that buzz and get over list price offers on many projects.